The Joey Hanzich Memorial Undergraduate Travel and Research Fund honors the memory of Joey Hanzich (AB 2006) and his passion for studying and improving health care policy in the United States and around the world. Joey was deeply committed to the field of health policy, and devoted a good portion of his academic and summer work to this important field. To further Joey’s legacy in the area of health policy, the Joey Hanzich Memorial Undergraduate Travel and Research Fellowship provides up to $4,000 to a rising junior or rising senior enrolled in the Secondary Field in Global Health and Health Policy (or another field) who pursues a summer internship, project or research in health policy or global health, either in the United States or abroad. Examples of appropriate work include (but are not limited to):
- working in a government agency responsible for health care or public health;
- serving as a staffer on issues of health care or public health to a public official or government entity;
- involvement in a non-profit organization which conducts research or advocacy for health policy issues;
- work in an analytical, non-clinical role at a non-profit organization which provides or manages medical care; or
- independent research activity relevant to the field of health policy or global health.
The application deadline is Wednesday, March 9th, 2022 by 11:59pm.