One option for fulfilling the GHHP research requirement is to write an extra chapter on the health policy or global health implications of a bench science thesis. Please note that this is only an option for science concentrators.
Students wishing to pursue this option should set up a meeting with the GHHP program to discuss it in person (please email Christy Colburn). The extra chapter, along with the thesis, must be emailed to GHHP by the beginning of the spring semester Reading Period.
Here are specific instructions:
1) For Spring 2017, the due date is Monday, May 1st.
2) Send your thesis and extra chapter in one email message but as two different files; they must be named [Last name_First name_thesis] and [Last name_First name_GHHP chapter]
3) Include the name of your thesis advisor in your message.
4) Please note these editorial requirements for the extra chapter:
- minimum of 15 pages in length, not including graphics or bibliography
- Times New Roman size 12 font
- 1-inch margins
- citation style mandated by your concentration
5) Click here for a detailed guide on the content and process of writing a GHHP extra thesis chapter.
Students pursuing this option should keep in mind that although in some cases the GHHP Secondary Field may be able to offer some research and writing guidance from a Health Policy graduate student, it's more likely that the extra chapter is something the student will have to undertake independently.
It is also important to note that one semester of the thesis tutorial will double count for the GHHP Secondary Field. Therefore, thesis writers will not be able to double count any other concentration course for GHHP.