Please note that applications will be accepted for this internship until February 5th at 5pm. Applying for this internship will not count against the three application limit, so you may apply for this in addition to three others.
Founded in 1992, NASTAD (National Alliance of State & Territorial AIDS Directors, www.nastad.org) is a non-profit association that represents public health officials who administer HIV and hepatitis health care, prevention, education, and supportive service programs funded by state and federal governments in all 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the U.S. Pacific Islands. NASTAD also supports partner governments in Africa, the Central America region, and the Caribbean region. As a national leader in health department mobilization, NASTAD encourages the use of applied scientific knowledge and community engagement as a method of reducing the incidence of HIV and hepatitis infections in the U.S., its territories, and around the world. Each of NASTAD’s six programmatic teams—Health Care Access, Health Systems Integration, Policy & Legislative Affairs, Hepatitis, Health Equity & Prevention, and Global—interpret and influence policies, conduct trainings, offer technical assistance, and provide advocacy mobilization for U.S. health departments and ministries of health around the world to improve health outcomes for people living with HIV and hepatitis.
The Intern will assist NASTAD’s Health Care Access team to analyze data related to:
- National ADAP Monitoring Project: assist in the development of an annual, online survey of all AIDS Drug Assistance Programs (ADAPs), including participation in survey design.
- ADAP drug pricing expenditures: assist in the data analysis of annual drug pricing expenditure data, reflecting on how ADAPs use their dollars to purchase medications for their clients and cost-analysis of the effectiveness of drug pricing agreements.
- National technical assistance cooperative agreement with the HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA): assist in tracking, monitoring, researching, and preparing data reports and related documents on relevant HIV and hepatitis technical assistance issues.
Anticipated duties and activities to be undertaken by the Intern:
- Perform data entry
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis of data collected from health departments
- Assist in the development of health department requests for information (RFI), including RFI content and online programming structure
- Research and write summary documents and fact sheets analyzing data collected
- In process of receiving a degree in a political science, public policy, health or other relevant area of study
- Interest in advancing HIV/AIDS and hepatitis public policy
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to multitask while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications
Dates: (These are flexible.)
Start Date: May 30, 2017
End Date: August 11, 2017