Please note that applications will be accepted for this internship until February 5th at 5pm. Applying for this internship will not count against the three application limit, so you may apply for this in addition to three others.
Health Builders believes that health is at the heart of human progress. Our vision is for all people to have access to high quality healthcare, allowing them to live dignified, healthy, and prosperous lives. All of Health Builders’ work revolves around the following values:
- Individual dignity, compassion and respect for everyone's basic human right to health
- A commitment to community, sustainability through local engagement
- Honesty and transparency, partnerships built on mutual trust
- A standard of excellence, efficiency with strong leadership
Understanding good health as a fundamental driver of economic growth and development, our mission is to strengthen management of health systems and build health care infrastructure. We accomplish our mission through three pillars of work:
- Advancing Health Management. Our team works with district and health center staff to provide hands-on technical assistance and supportive supervision in eight key areas: human resources, infrastructure, financial management, community health insurance management, pharmacy logistics, health information systems, planning and coordination, and information technology.
- Developing Health Infrastructure. We fill infrastructure gaps by initiating and overseeing the construction of state-of-the-art, modern health centers where they currently do not exist. Health Builders also works with existing facilities to become fully functional, ensuring quality health care for surrounding communities.
- Supporting Technology for Health. We work with partners on the ground to ensure that systems-level technology solutions are effective, sustainable, and scalable. Our aim is to increase access to health services for improved health outcomes through initiatives such as safe water sources, medical oxygen distribution and usage, and solar power at health facilities.
Visit the website at: http://www.healthbuilders.org.
The intern will become an active member of the Monitoring & Evaluation team. He/she will work closely with the M&E Officer and collaborate with the Health Management Advisors team to ensure that data collection for Health Builders’ management tools is completed properly. He/she will support data analysis activities and provide feedback on how to improve systems and procedures.
- Field supportin terms of data collection for Health Management Advisors in rural health centers
- Monitoring and Evaluation activities in terms of data system design, data entry and data analysis
- Help in preparing variousdonor reports
The intern needs to be very comfortable using Excel. Also, having work experience in data analysis is a plus.
- Excellentand proven analytical skills,
- Ability to work as part of a team, but also capable of working independently and taking self-initiative, without significant oversight
- Comfortable working in rural, low-resource settings
- Extraordinary flexibility and innovation in unexpected situations
- Proficiency Excel and visualizing data
Please note that housing is not provided.