Please Note: This internship is co-sponsored with the IOP, and therefore you should apply through the HGHI-IOP funding source in CARAT. Applications will be accepted until February 4th, 2018 at midnight.
The Global Fund is a 21st-century partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics. Founded in 2002, the Global Fund is a partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector and people affected by the diseases. The Global Fund raises and invests nearly US$ 4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities most in need.
The Global Fund has advancing gender equality as one of the four pillars of the strategy 2017-2022. In order to make real on commitments to address gender related disparities and advance gender equality, we would like to have an understanding of where and how we are implementing programs at country level in key intervention areas. These include interventions on addressing gender based violence and life skills for adolescents.
- Refine and finalize a draft methodology to undertake a qualitative review of the Global Fund investments in the intervention areas of gender based violence and life skills for adolescents.
- Conduct a qualitative assessment of Global Fund grants for investments in GBV and life skills, and produce a final report that answers key questions.
- Background in public health, gender and qualitative research methodologies would be helpful.
- The person also needs to have strong research and writing skills, and able to synthesize information in a compelling way.
- Other characteristics: independent worker, intellectually curious and detail oriented.